Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rose Lake

As I sit on the dock at Rose Lake, face turned upward toward the sun, seagulls & dragon flies vying for air space above me, birds chirping in the woods nearby, I am surrounded by peace and solitude. It is here I find wellness of soul.

Earlier while jetting around the lake with Rudy on my lap, the stillness overpowering the noise of the jet ski, I am in awe of God's perfect presence. The water clear as glass, the sky void of clouds, a few fishermen enjoying the quiet of the morning, combined with the exhilarating speed of my small yellow boat, remind me it is here I find my stillness, my rest.

Later, the thrill of speeding across the lake (while in awe of the mirror image the clouds make on the water--puffy like cotton balls against the blue sky) sustains my own personal stillness. Other boaters come out to play and make large waves I pretend are mountains; and as I scale them slowly and carefully, I am wrapped in the warmth of their splashes.

My spirit is once again renewed at Rose Lake.

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Teresa said...

Very nice, I also think you truly enjoy your time at the lake ~ that is wonderful:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home